Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup pearl pishori rice, soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp dry fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- 1 onion – sliced thinly
- 1 piece ginger – cut into thin juliennes
- ¾ tsp salt, ½ tsp red chill powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
Tandoori vegetables and panner
- 250 gm panner (cottage cheese) cut into 1 ½ cubes
- 8 mushrooms
- 8 small baby corns
- Cubes of 1 green bell pepper or 8 florets of broccoli
- 1 onion – cut into fours & separated
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup thick yogurt, hang for 30 minutes to get about ½ cup hung yogurt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp thick ginger, garlic paste
- a fewdrops of orange food colour
- 2 tsp tandoori or barbecue seasoning
- ¾ tsp salt to taste
- 2 cloves (laung) crushed
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup
- To prepare the pearl pishori rice, heat oil in heavy bottomed pan.
- Reduce flame. Add cumin seeds and dry fenugreek leaves.
- When cumin turns golden add the sliced onion. Stir fry till onions turn golden. Add ginger juliennes and stir for a few seconds. Add salt, red chill and corriander powder. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes till onions take on a rich brown colour. Drain and add pearl pishori rice. Mix gently. Add 2 cups water. Bring to a boil. Cover with a well-fitting lid. Cook on a low heat for 10-12 minutes till water is absorbed. Keep aside.
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade. Add all vegetables and paneer. Skewer the marinated ingredients on wooden skewers. Place skewers under a hot grill/broil 10-12 minutes till yogurt dries up or till brown patches appear.
- To serve, put some hot pearl pishori rice on a serving plate. Arrange grilled vegetables on skewers on the pearl pishori rice.
- Mix BBQ sauce with tomato ketchup. Warm the sauce in a microwave and pour over the vegetables and pearl pishori rice.