Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup long-grained pearl pishori rice,washed and kept in the strainer for 20 minutes
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 medium onion,finely chopped
- 1 cup tinned corn kernels
- 1 tbsp chopped jalapenos or green chillies
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- Wash pearl pishori rice and keep in a strainer to drainer water for 20 minutes. Do not soak.
- Heat oil or butter in a heavy-based deep pan. Add onion and stir fry onion turns soft.
- Add pearl pishori rice and fresh coriander. Stir gently for 2-3 minutes till the rice gets toasted.
- Add corn, chillies, salt and 2 cups water, bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat and cook covered for 10 minutes on very low heat.
- When just a little water remains, add crumbled feta cheese. Mix gently with a fork. Cover and cook on low heat for another 5 minutes or till the water is absorbed and pearl pishori rice is soft. Fluff with a fork and serve hot.