Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup uncooked pearl pishori rice
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2-3 green onions,finely chopped, keep greens separate
- 2 green chillies,finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped cabbage
- ½ cup diced carrot
- 8-10 beans –chopped
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Wash pearl pishori rice. Cook in rapidly boiling water. When done, strain, spread on a tray, so that the grains remain separate.
- Keep aside to cool completely.
- Heat oil in a wok and fry white of onions till very light golden, add green chillies and stir.
- Add cabbage, beans and carrot and stir fry for 1-2 minutes
- Add salt and sugar. Add soya sauce. Mix well for ½ a minute.
- Add pearl pishori rice and mix well. Add pepper powder, spring onion greens and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from fire. Serve hot.