Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups long grained pearl pishori rice
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp salt,1 tbsp oil
- 5-6 whole, dry red chillies, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes, drain and grind to a rough paste or
- 2 tsp ready-made red chilli paste
- 4tbsp oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 ½ tsp salt (adjust to taste)
- ¾ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ cup frozen or fresh corn kernels
- 6-8 baby corns,cut lengthwise into thin long slices
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into ½ pieces
- 1 medium green capsicum,cut into ½ pieces
- 1 medium tomato,deseeded and cut into 8 pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice to taste
2 wooden skewers threaded with colourful veggies like carrots, capsicums, corn kernels
- Boil 10 cups water with 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt and oil.
- Add pearl pishori rice to boiling water. Boil for 5-6 minutes till almost done.
- Leave in hot water for 2 minutes. Strain. Keep in the strainer for 1-2 minutes to allow all the water to drain and stir with a fork in between.
- Spread on a tray to cool.
- Grind soaked red chillies to a paste in a mixer with a little water if needed.
- In a new pan heat 4 tbsp oil, reduce the heat and add garlic, red chilli paste and fry for a few seconds.
- Add tomato puree, oregano, salt and pepper, and then add corn and stir fry for a few seconds.
- Add red and green capsicum and tomato, mix well and add lemon juice, stir till well mixed. Remove from heat,
- Add pearl pishori rice and mix well.Serve hot, garnished with vegetable skewers or serve the rice topped with the vegetables.