Preparation Time: 2 minutes Cooking Time: 10minutes
- 1 cup pearl pishori rice
- 6 cups water
- 1tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1. Wash pearl pishori rice in a pan and keep aside
- 2. Put 6 cups water in a wide pan. Add salt, lemon juice and oil. Bring to boil.
- 3. Add rinsed rice and stir once with a fork. Boil on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes or till a grain of rice feels soft when pressed between the thumb and the index finger. Do not cover while cooking.
- 4. Strain through a big colander. Fluff the boiled rice with a fork to let out the steam.
- 5. For stir fried rice, it is a good idea to spread the boiled rice immediately on al large tray. After it cools, refrigerate the boiled rice for 1-2 hours before stir frying. Let it cool properly if you want to stir fry as the beautiful long grains will break if hot rice is stir fried.